credit cards. err...  

Posted by Rithish

If you have a phone, then you surely must have been at the receiving end of "saar... one credit card... if not for you, then for your wife..." calls. Over time, I have learnt how to politely end the chat with a sweet "thanks. but no thanks". But, if you think sales calls are to have fun, then you must follow what my colleague used to do.

taak and enjai !!!

Conversation 1
Caller : "Sir, You have been selected out of many people to register for our credit card"
He : "Oh really!!!That's wonderful!!! Out of how many people did I win? That's simply superb. I should go and buy a lottery. I think this is my lucky day. Thank you. Bye!!"
click!!!

Conversation 2
Caller : "Sir, would you like to go for our gold credit card? We have fabulous offers like ...."
He : "Madam, would you like to go for our platinum credit card? You don't need to provide any proofs at all. Nice no? And you can get fabulous loans like car loan, cow loan etc."
Caller : "err... Cow loan?"
He : "Yes.. Yes.. We offer loans even if you want to buy a cow, dog, cat, sheep, horse or pig. Also, we ...."
click!!!

Conversation 3
Caller : "Sir, would you like to go for our credit card? We have fabulous offers like ...."
He : "Before all that, I have a query."
Caller : "Sure Sir..."
He : "Select fld_id from contact_master where fld_pid=2000"
Caller : "!!?!??"

Conversation 4
Caller : "Sir, would you like to go for our credit card?"
He : "Well!!! Do you have a violet coloured card?"
Caller : "errr.. Let me check with my manager, Sir.." (brief pause) "No Sir.. We don't have violet, but we have gold coloured card, Sir..."
He : "Gold? No thanks.. You see, I want to have cards of all the colours of the rainbow... I have the rest 6.. this violet no.. I have been searching since long... You really don't have?"
click!!!

Conversation 5
Caller : "Sir, would you like to go for our credit card?"
He : "abba!!! Thank you for calling... Do you do balance transfer from another credit card?"
Caller : "Of course Sir. We do have that option."
He : "That's really wonderful!!! You know... I have received this credit card bill of 75,000.. jeez.. How do they ever expect me to repay that? Will you transfer that balance if I take your card??"
loud click!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

17 comments

Anonymous  

ha he ha

Anonymous  

i like the conversation 2 ;)
Gosh if i could do something like that ;)

but you know thanks, but no thanks is the easiest of all :D

@Pradeep
You laughing at me? Or at the post? :o)


@veens
Right said... That's why I use that... :o)

Anonymous  

Happy New Year 2 u n your family too!!

Lol (at the post!) :)

@priyanka
thanks!!! nice knowing laugh at face coming for you... :o)

Anonymous  

I know of a guy who maxed out his credit card and went on to claim bankruptcy. The credit card guys went nuts (there really wasn't anything to attach. This guy had blown all that dough on chicks and booze!) They finally agreed to a settlement of the dues. He paid up about ten grand and got a waiver for the rest, which amounted to nearly a lakh. Serves them right for giving away cards with super-sized credit limits without even bothering to see whether a guy is capable of paying back such dues. I hate credit cards and don't think I will ever want to own one.

@prashanthchengi
Credit cards are to be hated... And should never be used... But you should definitely own one... You never know when it might be of use.. :o)

Anonymous  

It is good to know this answers... I think it will help me a lot..

But really a nice one...

@atit
Thanks buddy... kya bhai... aajkal dikhtaich hi nahin..

i tried irritating them with a million questions once but the guy simply answered all...hmpf!!
i dont know if he was good at his job or speaking nonsense though...
dont care to figure *yawn*
next time maybe il'l try the 'i have a query' option :p

@pri
do try... and then post here as to how it worked out. ;o)

gaahahaha good one. loved response 3 with the SQL query :)

@biker
dhanyavaadagalu... :o) enu?? valentinu, lowu bagge bareyale illa neevu...

Hi Rithish,

I tried the Violet colored card once.. And I heard a loud click after %&^&$$#$$##

:) Worked for me, almost...

Now I am waiting for more calls from credit card companies... he he

3rd and 5th are too good. will someday definitely try them out.

@atit - tell me more how it works in the future.. :-P

@krishanu - Do so... :o)