life..  

Posted by Rithish

"No one can dare say that he is a virgin in this world; Life....screws all", said my friend during one of our many such heated discussions. Indeed, I thought. Indeed. How aptly he had put it in words.

In the hustle and bustle of our daily life, no one has the leisure, or time, should I say, to sit and write his views like I do. But then again.....that's why I am I.
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease. But, death......is hereditary" his words ring in my mind again.

He who has taken birth, will have to die someday. words of wisdom by our ancestors. Death.....one of the world's most unsolved mysteries as yet. where do we go after death, if at all we do? Is there life again after death?

Life : The choicest thing on the face of this earth. To Live : the ability to experience Life.
Do you say you have the ability to live it? No...I would say no.Don't give me that tripe again.Do not tell me that you are living. That your staying alive is living. It takes more guts to end your life, than to stay alive.

"Why is that everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die?" my illustrious friend chips in again. Since, as of now, death is not in our hands, why don't we take advantage of the one that is? why don't we live life as we choose to? Why don't we drive it in the direction we want it to? Why are we burdened with as many prejudices? Why do we always see more of thedarker side, than the brighter one? why do we compare our lives to that of ours and drown ourselves in self-pity? Why do we console ourselves by saying that this is life? That the wheel of fortune will turn towards us someday?

How? I ask. Who is going to do it? God... you say? Oh ! please...spare me that line....

Come on..chin up...Life can't be as bad as that. If YOU can't make your life better, then I assure you, no one else can.

Do not regret your decisions. If you do, you would never be wiser. Do not yearn to be someone else. If you do, you don't know your value. Do not rue your life. If you do, you don't know how valuable it is. Life.....is too precious an asset to be traded.

Know yourself. Know your strength. Know that your life can be lived. Know that even you can be as glad as I am, and as proud, that I am RITHISH SARALAYA.
If only... If only.... Attitudes were contagious. Mine would have been worth catching.

PS: I have written this without having any particular person in mind. But still, if you feel it does relate to someone, then its pure coincidence.....

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 15, 2001 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments