Science is fun!  

Posted by Rithish

June 1! It has remained my long-standing most hated day of the year, ever since school days. The first day of school! After two months of playing without a care about books to read, or homework to complete; it was back to the grind again. However, there were a many a things in school that still remain etched in memory. I was always fascinated by science, as were my other esteemed classmates. The distillation experiment in our science lab was met with oohs' and ahs' from everyone alike. We also celebrated Science Day annually in school, in which some built tape-recorders (yeah! it did actually play!), some insect zoos, and there were some others. My participations in these, were usually limited to admiring my classmates intelligence and gadgets. I marveled at their knowledge and their ability to put that knowledge to use.

Science, as I said, always made me wonder! And so, I was extremely glad when I came to know the efforts of Udaya and Adithya. Udaya is a wonderful mild and well-mannered guy, and was my colleague in Tally. Both of them, armed with their rocket experiment, go to schools and then demonstrate the beauty of science. Their aim is to inculcate a scientific temperament into young minds, and make them understand that science can actually be fun! The fact that children reciprocate by attending the presentations even during summer vacations is testimony of how well their efforts are received.

My congratulations to them, and hope they go a long way forward. Feel free to tweet, share, fb, ff, ping about them; and their efforts. They have already been featured in The Bangalore Mirror, The Better India, and the TOI.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments