I know... I know...  

Posted by Rithish

*knock* *knock*
Who's there???
It's I... Rithish... It's my birthday... You asked me to remind you... remember???
oh.. well.. yeah... thanks bub... now lose yourself...
*slam*

Well !!! In stark contrast to most years, there is an overwhelming wealth of wishes flowing in this time. It could be 'cos -

1. my friends-list has grown in number.
2. my old friends have somehow managed to remember my birthday this year.
3. everyone is using the latest in birthday reminders (aka orkut).

I will force myself to believe it's the former two, and not the latter as it goes well in pumping my ego. ;o) I am one shy of thirty now (I know.. I know.. But I look and act as if am just outta college), but somehow can't get myself to believe that I will be entering middle-age next year. geez... Isn't there any difference? Maybe there is... Maybe not... I will tell you in a decade... I will know by then...

There is another who shares a birthday with me... none other than my vroomer... My bike turns two today (I know॥ I know.. But he looks brand new)। Guess his secret is that he likes taking women for a ride.. **pun unintended**

Today is one of those days in the year, that I contemplate the days gone by... and myriad thoughts flow... remember the people who have helped me be effervescent... and those whom I would love kicking in the face (I know॥ I know.. am a sadist)। Today is one of those days that come what may, you will not be able to wipe that silly grin off my face... :o)

Mate... How will I wish you, if you don't remind me about your birthday??? And how can I congratulate you, if I don't know where you are joining???

I am joining MPhasis next month and this is going to be my last week in Tally (I know.. I know.. you feel like ramming a brick down my throat). I completed four years in Tally on the 17th of March... four years... four wonderful years... It has been a great journey till now... the wind is in the sails... the sea is calm ahead... the horizon beckons... and so I continue...

I have six honest serving men, who taught me all I know. they are - Who, What, When, Why, Where and How.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Many Happy Returns Of The Day!!

Enjoy!!

Cheers,
HP

Anonymous  

So, it's on your b'day my brother (Vikram) wishes me... He calls me up on March 28th every year to wish me and towards the end of the call it dawns on him that it's not mine but his dear friend Rithish's. I wonder... did he ever call you on March 21st? Well, wish you a belated happy b'day!!!

Thanks all for the wishes!!!

Ah!!! My dear buddy does remember the day-to-wish, but not whom-to-wish. Well!!! That really kills me!!! :o)

And no!!! He doesn't call me on the 21st. But he does call me on the 28th... Maybe he calls me after he calls you??? ;o)