Coming home  

Posted by Rithish

Its been over 5 years since I came down to Bangalore... (geez.. Makes me suddenly realise how old I am..) Since then, Bangalore has been everything to me, and given me everything... well... almost everything... It has made me feel at home... It has given me new friends... And wonderful places to go aound... It has given me food for thought and eyes...

What it possibly could not give me is what I really want... Possibly what no other place in the world could ever give me... A sense of belonging... that only my home can give me... That my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins give me... I miss those days of yore... When we would all sit together for dinner... And I would debate and discuss with my uncles about life, karma, moksha, and the girl-next-door... I miss my mother's haath-ka-khaana... my grandma's tales of ancient times... my aunts' shopping sprees... the playfulness of my cousins...

I miss those days of gayful abandon....

ma... I'm coming home...

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Could ve been my post ..... it is as if u ve posted this on my behalf...