kevala yeradu rupaai..  

Posted by Rithish

It's that time of the year when even the polar bears cuddle up in their dens. It's very very chilly. It's that time of the day when even the crows haven't woken yet. Its 6 in the morning. It's time for me to wake up. I get up and come over to the hall; and see Raveena greet me with a smile and a seductive look. ( I've got a poster of her put on the wall. )

I freshen up and go out for a walk. Rather, am forced to... Have to read and know what is happening around the world; and also have my daily dose of Calvin... There are restaurants too many to list in and around Vijayanagar; however, if you want to have the special "Jersey" chai, then your destination is the small hand cart near the signal light. When he has catered to the other auto drivers he looks up handing me a piping hot cup of tea.

"Yeshtaaytu shishya??" ( How much? ) I ask. "Kevala yeradu rupai guru..." ( Only two rupees ) answers he with a beaming smile.

Sometimes, the best things in life come in such simple packages....

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments